What Should You Do After a Fort Lauderdale Serious Car Accident?
When your life has been disrupted by a severe car crash, Wolfson & Leon encourages you to contact us for a free and confidential review of your claim. You may have questions about your claim or want to know what legal remedies may be available. We consider the legal merits of your case and can discuss what options may be possible to recover compensation. You can speak with a Fort Lauderdale car accident lawyer at no cost by calling 954-530-3918 today.
A car accident can disrupt your life. Even a minor crash can cause injuries and property damage. You will likely deal directly with your car insurance company for your medical care and to get your car fixed when the damage is minor.
But what should you do when you are seriously injured in a Fort Lauderdale car accident? How do you know you are getting the compensation you are due? What happens if your injuries are much worse than you expect? Or you cannot work because you need weeks, or months, to recover?
If you or someone in your family has been badly hurt in a car accident, you should take steps to find out what legal rights you have. Since 1963, the Fort Lauderdale car accident injury attorneys at Wolfson & Leon have fought for the rights of people gravely hurt in automobile accidents. We understand the physical, emotional, and financial stress that a devastating car accident can have on people’s lives. Knowing your legal rights can be critical to recovering compensation for your medical care and treatment and replacing your lost wages.What Should You Do After a Serious Fort Lauderdale Car Accident?
After being seriously hurt in a Fort Lauderdale car crash, your main priority is to seek immediate medical help. If your injuries are minor or even if you feel fine after the car accident, you should still see a doctor as soon as possible. Some injuries aren’t apparent in a car accident, but you may later realize you have injured your back or hit your head. Even if the crash is minor, seeking medical care may keep you from aggravating your injuries.
When possible, you should take other critical measures to help preserve the accident scene and provide helpful information should you choose to pursue legal action. Key steps after a Fort Lauderdale car accident include:
- Call the police and file a report.
- Get essential information from the other driver or drivers. Get their name and car insurance information. When possible, write down their vehicle’s license plate number.
- Record key witness information. Take down the names and phone numbers of anyone who saw the accident.
- Preserve the scene by taking pictures or videos. Try to get multiple angles and distances showing the damage caused when possible. It may also be helpful to get pictures of your injuries.
- Notify your insurance company. Other than reporting that the accident happened, you may want to speak with a Fort Lauderdale serious car crash lawyer before discussing the details with the insurance company.
- Seek legal advice. If you have suffered severe injuries and damage because of the crash, you should take immediate steps to determine your legal rights. A Fort Lauderdale car crash lawyer can evaluate the circumstances around the accident and let you know what compensation may be recoverable to help you pay for your medical care and lost wages.
Your ability to be compensated for your injuries has a lot to do with the circumstances around the accident. You may be compensated for your medical care and lost income if a careless or negligent driver strikes you. You might be compensated for the pain and suffering, emotional trauma, or mental anguish you have endured due to the accident.
In some cases, you may be found to share some of the crash’s responsibility. This is known as comparative negligence in Florida. Even if you are found to be partially responsible for the accident, it doesn’t mean you can’t recover damages. Instead, your percentage of responsibility would reduce anything you are awarded.
If you are found partially responsible for an accident, seeking the legal advice of a best Fort Lauderdale car accident lawyer is helpful. A skilled car crash lawyer can evaluate the circumstances around the crash and assess the level of responsibility you have been assigned. Sometimes, the level of fault assigned can be contested due to the facts of the case. So, seeking the legal guidance of a best Fort Lauderdale car accident attorney can help protect your rights.Fort Lauderdale Serious Car Crash Law Firm
Since 1963, our team of Fort Lauderdale injury accident lawyers at Wolfson & Leon have advocated for the rights of people who are severely hurt in car accidents. If you or someone in your family has been severely injured in a car crash, we urge you to contact us today for a free and confidential analysis of your accident. Whether you have questions about pursuing damages or want to know if you have a case, we take the time to review the merits of your claim and talk to you about possible legal options.
Find out how the Fort Lauderdale car accident injury lawyers at Wolfson & Leon may be able to help you by calling 954-530-3918 today.