Wilton Manors Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Were you hit by a car when crossing a busy intersection in Wilton Manors? If you have been seriously hurt in an accident, you need to speak with the best Wilton Manors automobile accident attorney. Car crash injuries may be significant, even fatal. You should seek legal help when you’ve been hurt.
When you’ve been hit by a car, you may endure weeks, even months, of painful treatment. You may be confined to bed while you recover. The last thing you need is the stress of medical bills. And if you can’t work because you’ve been hurt, this just adds to the financial strain.
At Wolfson & Leon, we represent car crash injury victims for over 55 years. Our Fort Lauderdale automobile accident lawyers take on the paperwork, phone calls, and settlement negotiations, so you can focus on getting better. Find out how we can help you by calling (954) 530-3918 today.Increased Car Crash Pedestrian Fatalities
Based on a report by the Governors Highway Safety Association, pedestrian fatalities throughout the country in 2019 were at their highest levels since 1988. Trends that appear to contribute to the rise in pedestrian deaths include;
- Unsafe behavior – Drivers who are talking on the phone or texting are dangerous to people on the road as they aren't paying attention. Drivers who speed or are impaired when operating their car also pose risks to pedestrians. Excessive speed or slowed reflexes can impair a driver's ability to make a sudden stop or swerve to miss hitting a car or pedestrian.
- Local roads – While highways and larger roads often have sufficient lights and signage, smaller roads may not be equipped in the same way. This can often lead to more accidents, specifically at night when it might be harder for a driver to see a person crossing the street or walking down the sidewalk.
- Increased vehicle size – Mid-size to large SUVs are a great option for a family car. Although many come with added safety features, such as rear-view cameras, large SUVs have blind spots that make it difficult to see when changing lanes or backing out of parking spots.
Wilton Manors is an eclectic collection of cozy neighborhoods, trendy eateries, and boutique shops. The city has plenty of community activities, parks, and outdoor events to stay busy. It is located next to Fort Lauderdale, making it easy to get to the beach, Las Olas Boulevard, or the Galleria Mall.
Wilton Manors is a good community for walking and biking. However, it is located near main roads like US 1, Oakland Park Boulevard, and Sunrise Boulevard. These heavily traveled roads can be dangerous for people walking on the sidewalks or crossing the street. Long intersections can be particularly risky if cars don’t stop or pull out before pedestrians have cleared the crosswalks. If you were hurt when crossing the street, you should speak with a Fort Lauderdale automobile accident lawyer at Wolfson & Leon. Our personal injury attorneys help clients injured in a variety of accidents such as;
- Wilton Manors pedestrian-car crash accident lawyer
- Shopper injured when hit in the parking lot of a grocery store in Fort Lauderdale
- Wilton Manors wrongful death pedestrian-car crash lawyer
- Slip and fall pedestrian injury accident attorney in Fort Lauderdale
- Wilton Manors resident severely hurt when hit by an impaired driver while crossing the street
- Lawyer for a pedestrian hit by a speeding driver in Fort Lauderdale
- Pedestrian hurt when a driver fails to yield while they are in the crosswalk
- Wilton Manors attorney for a victim injured when hit by a car making a left-hand turn across a busy intersection
Traffic accidents may leave pedestrians with severe injuries or even result in death. If a car crash has impacted your family, it is critical to get help as soon as possible. Our Fort Lauderdale personal injury lawyers listen to your side and answer questions. We evaluate your situation at no cost and let you know if there are legal remedies available. Should you have a claim, we help build your case by gathering documents and completing the necessary paperwork. We defend your rights to the insurance company or in court. We work to get you the settlement you need.
At Wolfson & Leon, there are no fees for our legal services unless we settle. This way, you get the legal representation you need without worrying about how you'll pay for it. Learn more about your rights. Schedule your free, no-obligation case consultation today by calling Wolfson & Leon at (954) 530-3918.